Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

WEBCC NOT SHOWING CATEGORIES, NOR BLOKCING URLs

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  WEBCC NOT SHOWING CATEGORIES, NOR BLOKCING URLs

Posted Jan 17, 2020 06:42 AM

I have an Aruba controller 7010, running AOS 6.5, with 1x AP-134, and with 1x license AP, 1x license PEFNG, 1x license RFP and 1x license SUB1-WebCC (it has not expired).

I have configured the Firewall to enable WebCC and DPI, both global and in the role I am using for my clients.

When I activated WebCC in global Firewall I got the message “Need to configure IP name server on enabling webcc”. Is it due to a mismatch in the configuration? I have configured:

ip domain lookup

ip name-server 1.1.1.1

ip name-server 8.8.8.8

but if I disable WebCC and enable it again the message is still appearing. Is it a normal behavior or I have forgotten something in the configuration?

On other side, It looks that the controller has downloaded the DB, as when showing web-cc stats, DB Entries is 1000000. In the same command, Web Content Classification enabled is Yes and DNS/Name Server configured is Yes.

The issue is that at the dashboard, in the AppRF Tab I can see the different apps categories, and I can block them, for example web, but in the web content tab I only see unassigned categories. I try to block adult website and it does not work and the blocked sessions tab is empty.

It looks that WebCC has not been correctly enabled.

Any suggestion? Thanks.

• 2.  RE: WEBCC NOT SHOWING CATEGORIES, NOR BLOKCING URLs

Posted Jan 17, 2020 07:14 AM
    After enabling the DNS lookup and DPI , did you reboot the controller ? for those settings to take effect the controller needs to be rebooted

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

• 3.  RE: WEBCC NOT SHOWING CATEGORIES, NOR BLOKCING URLs

Posted Jan 17, 2020 07:25 AM

Thanks for your interest.

Yes. I have reboot the cotroller more than one time.

Regards.

• 4.  RE: WEBCC NOT SHOWING CATEGORIES, NOR BLOKCING URLs
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 18, 2020 10:21 AM

I updated to 6.5.4.15, reset the controller and configure it again. Now, it works.

I do not think the issue has to do with the version. Perhaps, a parameter incompatible with web-cc.