Wireless Access

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

WMS DB - what is the effect of running the "clean old entries" option on GUI

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  WMS DB - what is the effect of running the "clean old entries" option on GUI

Posted Apr 04, 2014 05:05 PM

Hello, please i need help.

on my controller 3600, GUI interface, on the Maintenance tab  run  "clean old entries" option, this because when you delete a Access Point  change is not reflected in the GUI therefore decided to implement this option, however the controller asked me to save changes and restart, which I have not done for fear of losing information, the question is what is the effect of running the "clean old entries" option in the graphic interface?

Thanks for yu help.

• 2.  RE: WMS DB - what is the effect of running the "clean old entries" option on GUI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 04, 2014 08:10 PM

"This command deletes all entries from the WMS database. Do not use this command unless instructed to do so by an Aruba representative." - http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_63_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/1CommandList/wms_clean_db.htm

Most of these entries get re-created on the fly, anyway...

• 3.  RE: WMS DB - what is the effect of running the "clean old entries" option on GUI

Posted Apr 04, 2014 08:25 PM

what I did was in the web console, in the tab "Maintenance" submenu "WS Database" option "clean old entries", this option does the same as the command "clean-db"?

Thanks 

• 4.  RE: WMS DB - what is the effect of running the "clean old entries" option on GUI

Posted Apr 04, 2014 08:46 PM

this is the option to run, it is the same as the command "clean wms-db" ??

Captura.PNG

• 5.  RE: WMS DB - what is the effect of running the "clean old entries" option on GUI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 04, 2014 09:31 PM

To be honest, nobody is supposed to use that unless TAC asks them.