Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Walled garden configuration with youtube.com

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Walled garden configuration with youtube.com

Posted Jul 25, 2017 05:43 AM

Hi all bro,

I've configured Walled Garden Whitelist and ACL Rules for pre-authen client without youtube.com uri.

With these configuration, I'm suppose when un-authenticated client type "youtube.com", the browser must be redirected to the captive portal login page. But this doesn't happened. The un-authenticated user could gain access to youtube.com web page, but they could not play any clip.

So the question is: how to config to redirect "youtube.com" from un-authenticated client browser to captive portal login page?

Thanks in advance!

Aruba1.png

Aruba2.png

Aruba3.png

20170725_154646.jpg

20170725_154652.jpg

• 2.  RE: Walled garden configuration with youtube.com

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jul 25, 2017 06:15 AM

Hey, in the first instance what are you trying to achieve? Do you want users to be able to access YouTube videos during the pre-auth stages of the logon process?

The walled garden allows access to websites at the pre-auth stages so I would not expect the re-direct to YouTube to occur if you have added it to the walled garden as you are allowing access to a site.

Just a FYI but IAP supports walled garden only for the HTTP requests.

• 3.  RE: Walled garden configuration with youtube.com

Posted Jul 26, 2017 12:10 AM

@Craig Syme wrote:

Hey, in the first instance what are you trying to achieve? Do you want users to be able to access YouTube videos during the pre-auth stages of the logon process?

The walled garden allows access to websites at the pre-auth stages so I would not expect the re-direct to YouTube to occur if you have added it to the walled garden as you are allowing access to a site.

Just a FYI but IAP supports walled garden only for the HTTP requests.

Thanks for your answer.

I just want to redirect client's browser (if the users want to visit "youtube.com") to my CaptivePortal login page if my client has not been logged in to my WiFi networks.

In practice with my configuration (on my post), if I go to URL that is not in the white list of walled garden, then my browser will be redirect to the CaptivePortal login page.

Here: cisco.com is not in walled garden white list

Screenshot_2017-07-26-11-02-18.png

Then, my browser is redirected to Captive Portal login page:

Screenshot_2017-07-26-11-02-24.png