Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Warehouse Design Question...

This thread has been viewed 38 times
  • 1.  Warehouse Design Question...

Posted Apr 26, 2019 10:31 AM

Looking for thoughts and opinions here.

For a warehouse design (yes, I know there are a ton of mitigating factors such as stock variances and shelf changes, etc...), in general, which is the recommended antenna type these days, external directionals or staying with internal that have down-tilt onmi's?

Thanks for your thoughts!

• 2.  RE: Warehouse Design Question...

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 26, 2019 10:51 AM

Ekahau just did a nice Warehouse session and is posted to youTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1YBIMFWUU0

From the Aruba side we now start with AP-365 and AP-367s in ceiling mount configs, depending on ceiling height and all the other factors you describe. 

• 3.  RE: Warehouse Design Question...

Posted Apr 26, 2019 10:57 AM

@ jhoward - Thanks! I'll take a look.

From what I have been reading and whatnot, if the ceiling is no more than 40 ft, the Aruba series APs with their mechanical down-tilt pretty much fit the bill. I don;t want to go with externals unless i absolutely have to. Fortunately, what I am looking at is plans for a brand new space so I am not trying to retro-fit anything. (I do love "greenfield" spaces)

• 4.  RE: Warehouse Design Question...

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 26, 2019 11:00 AM

That post you liked was from 2 years ago (2017), we now would recommend the 365s/367s for warehosues (@40ft you're in a zone where the topology of the warehouse comes in to play in differentiating between APs, longer aisles would be better with 365 using ceiling mounts). 

• 5.  RE: Warehouse Design Question...

Posted Apr 26, 2019 11:12 AM

I was actually looking at the 365s due to higher tempreture threshholds, so its looking like that just might be the ticket for this particular deployment.

Any other recommended reading?

• 6.  RE: Warehouse Design Question...

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 26, 2019 11:16 AM
      |   view attached

• 7.  RE: Warehouse Design Question...

Posted Apr 26, 2019 11:23 AM

This is fantastic and just the kind of info I have been looking for! 

Thanks!