Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Weird APs Swing Over Behavior

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Weird APs Swing Over Behavior

Posted Dec 12, 2014 09:42 PM

I have a master and local wlc setup with centralized licensing. Some of the APs primay LMS is master controller and backup LMS as local controller. There are also some of the APs primary LMS is local controller and backup LMS as master controller. No preemption is enabled. VRRP is setup with option 43/60 pointing to virtual IP. Firmware running on 6.3.1.5 

Scenrio

1) When all APs are associated with master. I shut down master. Only those APs with primary LMS = master will swing over instantly. Those APs with primary LMS = local takes around 5-10mins to come up. 

2) When all APs are associated with local. I shutdown local. Only those APs with parimy LMS = local will swing over instantly. Those APs with primary LMS = master takes around 5-10mins to come up.

Also tried to enable HA in active and dual mode, but no still the same behavior. 

Any idea? Thanks

• 2.  RE: Weird APs Swing Over Behavior

Posted Dec 12, 2014 10:13 PM

I'm not sure the symptoms/conditions sound exactly the same but there is issue 105120 in the 6.4.2.3 release notes you may want to read and assess if it applies to your configuration.

• 3.  RE: Weird APs Swing Over Behavior

Posted Dec 14, 2014 10:41 AM

thanks for the reply but i don't think is the same.

i have deployed quite a few controller for different clients but this is the first time the client is testing it and therefore i don't exactly know what's the bevavoir. however i think this behavior is quite weirld, i thought that all APs should swing over to the other controller when one of them is down. another thing i obvious is that, after 5-10mins when I finally can see the AP 'swing' over, the uptime is reset, meaning that the APs actually got rebooted.

both of the controllers are connected to 2 different core sw (on trunk) with lacp enabled. I don't think there is anything wrong with the switch config.

anyone have idea of what could be the possible cause? 

• 4.  RE: Weird APs Swing Over Behavior

Posted Dec 17, 2014 09:37 AM

anyone has any idea? thanks

• 5.  RE: Weird APs Swing Over Behavior

Posted Dec 18, 2014 06:53 AM
    You should consider upgrading to the latest 6.3.1.x code there's been a lot bug fixes since 6.3.1.5