Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

What AP model to choose for air monitors?

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  What AP model to choose for air monitors?

Posted Sep 28, 2018 07:44 PM
    Hi guys,

I have to implement a wireless network with WIPS functionality, and because I am new in WIPS I doubt about what model of AP I would have to use.
    I am going with IAP-315 for APs in access mode, and I will install some APs in air monitor mode. I think I can go with IAP-305 or IAP-303 for air monitors, so they are cheaper. But why not IAP-207? I don't need an AP wave 2 for WIPS either, do I?
    What are your recommendations?

Thanks in advance,
    Julián

• 2.  RE: What AP model to choose for air monitors?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 28, 2018 11:26 PM

IAP-305 should be fine.  I have never personally used the AP-207 as an air monitor.

More detailed information about what you should look out for here:  https://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/tg/TG_WIP.pdf

• 3.  RE: What AP model to choose for air monitors?

Posted Sep 29, 2018 04:29 PM

Ok, thanks for the recommendation and the link.

Regards,

Julián

• 4.  RE: What AP model to choose for air monitors?

Posted Oct 01, 2018 11:06 AM

Hi Colin,

One more thing. What do you think about the new AP-303 as an air monitor? I have seen and the price is around the half of the AP-305.

Regards,

Julián

• 5.  RE: What AP model to choose for air monitors?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 01, 2018 11:13 AM

@fjulianom wrote:

One more thing. What do you think about the new AP-303 as an air monitor? I have seen and the price is around the half of the AP-305.

What version of AOS is the customer running? The AP-303 requires AOS 8.3.

• 6.  RE: What AP model to choose for air monitors?

Posted Oct 01, 2018 11:18 AM

Hi Charlie,

I know it, client is running ArubaOS 6.5.x, but for its renewal we are proposing the Instant solution, so there is no problem with that.

Regards,

Julián