Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

What Will happen If I have 2 Controllers 1 Master and 1 Local and Master fail?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  What Will happen If I have 2 Controllers 1 Master and 1 Local and Master fail?

Posted Jun 17, 2014 04:10 PM

Now I will Discuss with you a Scenario to help me in  I have 1 Master Controller and I local Controller now by default the LMS IP for all access points is the Master IP what if I put in Back up LMS the IP of the Local and Master fail then does the access point will work on local noramally?

• 2.  RE: What Will happen If I have 2 Controllers 1 Master and 1 Local and Master fail?

Posted Jun 17, 2014 04:43 PM

As long as the APs are able to reach the controller and you have enough licenses on that local controller 

• 3.  RE: What Will happen If I have 2 Controllers 1 Master and 1 Local and Master fail?

Posted Jun 17, 2014 06:15 PM

I belive the local controller would take the master role in that scenario. However, the AP's might need to power cycle before they can locate the new master.

• 4.  RE: What Will happen If I have 2 Controllers 1 Master and 1 Local and Master fail?

Posted Jun 18, 2014 11:13 AM

Thanks for replay,so now the local will be master or it will remain local?

• 5.  RE: What Will happen If I have 2 Controllers 1 Master and 1 Local and Master fail?
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 18, 2014 11:24 AM

It will remain a local