Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

What are the possible reasons why the client is connecting to 41st floor access points?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  What are the possible reasons why the client is connecting to 41st floor access points?

Posted Mar 03, 2017 01:02 AM
      |   view attached

What are the possible reasons why the client is connecting to 41st floor access points but he is in 42nd floor and there are also access points in 42nd floor?  Thanks

• 2.  RE: What are the possible reasons why the client is connecting to 41st floor access points?

Posted Mar 03, 2017 05:05 AM

Hi!

Usually when I see this behaviour it´s because of 2,4ghz transmit power is set to high and perhaps to many APs are present. This makes the client confused and might make it connect to a 2,4ghz radio that is far away. Make sure the decision on which AP is the best from the clients perspective is as easy as possible.

Cheers,

• 3.  RE: What are the possible reasons why the client is connecting to 41st floor access points?

Posted Mar 07, 2017 02:36 AM

what can i do to fix this? Im sorry Im new to aruba

• 4.  RE: What are the possible reasons why the client is connecting to 41st floor access points?

Posted Mar 07, 2017 02:44 AM

There are many variables to making the client decision easier and design a good RF environment but if you want to try something easy that might make a big difference, try this:

1. Configure the SSID only to use 5ghz band (band a). **WARNING** If you´re not positive all clients using this SSID supports 5ghz, don´t do this. The 2,4ghz only clients won´t be able to see the SSID anymore.

2. If you have 802.11ac access points, make sure you disable 80mhz channels.

Cheers,

• 5.  RE: What are the possible reasons why the client is connecting to 41st floor access points?

Posted Mar 07, 2017 03:07 AM

How can i disable 80mhz channels?

• 6.  RE: What are the possible reasons why the client is connecting to 41st floor access points?

Posted Mar 07, 2017 03:14 AM

You can do it under the ARM profile configured for the 5ghz radio profile. Like this:

RP-profile.PNG

Cheers,

• 7.  RE: What are the possible reasons why the client is connecting to 41st floor access points?

Posted Mar 07, 2017 03:45 AM

Is this 80mhz also affecting roaming issues on our clients?

• 8.  RE: What are the possible reasons why the client is connecting to 41st floor access points?
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 07, 2017 03:51 AM

Depending on how the RF environment looks, yes it might.

Cheers,

• 9.  RE: What are the possible reasons why the client is connecting to 41st floor access points?

Posted Mar 07, 2017 04:08 AM

You helped me a lot! Thank you