Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

What exactly does "Software-configurable dual radio supports 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz" mean?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  What exactly does "Software-configurable dual radio supports 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz" mean?

Posted Sep 13, 2014 03:55 PM

What exactly does "Software-configurable dual radio supports 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz" mean?  It's listed on the marketing PDFs for all dual radio AP's.  Does this mean I can configure both radios to run at 5Ghz? or both at 2.4Ghz?  Or does this simply mean I can change each of the radios behavior on the controller (or iAP) ?

• 2.  RE: What exactly does "Software-configurable dual radio supports 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz" mean?
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 13, 2014 04:22 PM
    You can change the behavior of each radio on the AP. All APs (excluding the mesh router series) are locked into each frequency.

• 3.  RE: What exactly does "Software-configurable dual radio supports 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz" mean?

Posted Sep 18, 2014 04:33 AM
    I suspect it means that each individual radio can be software defined as either a client serving radio, spectrum analyser, or rogue ap monitor etc. Chris