Wireless Access

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

What is the default MTU size for Aruba controllers?

This thread has been viewed 77 times
  • 1.  What is the default MTU size for Aruba controllers?

Posted Sep 21, 2012 01:23 PM

We have been seeing input errors and giants on our switch ports where our APs are connected.  The issue seems to be the MTU size set on the controller.  Reading on the forum and contacting TAC we have been informed to set the SAP MTU to 1500 on the AP System Profile. 

Now, my question is, what is the default setting for the MTU size on the controllers?  When the SAP MTU field is left blank, it shows N/A on the CLI for the MTU size.  Changing this field shows what ever number you set the field to.

• 2.  RE: What is the default MTU size for Aruba controllers?

Posted Sep 21, 2012 02:30 PM

• 3.  RE: What is the default MTU size for Aruba controllers?

Posted Sep 21, 2012 02:38 PM

That thread really doesn't explain the situation.

• 4.  RE: What is the default MTU size for Aruba controllers?

Posted Sep 21, 2012 02:41 PM

In the second post the author states that the APs are by default set to 1500 by default, and will do path MTU. You can adjust it if you like. 

-awl

• 5.  RE: What is the default MTU size for Aruba controllers?

Posted Sep 21, 2012 02:48 PM

What is the AP System Profile SAP MTU set by default though?  I cannot be 1500 because when it's left blank (n/a) we are seeing errors and giants on the port that the AP connects to on the switch.  When we set it to acutally 1500, this stops.

So I want to know what the SAP MTU is by default.

• 6.  RE: What is the default MTU size for Aruba controllers?

Posted Oct 02, 2012 10:00 AM

I beleive the default(if left with no setting) is best effort