Wireless Access

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

What kind of controller Do I need torun a couple Aurba AP-125?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  What kind of controller Do I need torun a couple Aurba AP-125?

Posted Sep 12, 2015 11:47 AM
    I have 5 Aruba AP-125 that I will be installing on a large ranch, but I need a controller for them. I have read I can do this with an 800 series controller. Any thoughts?

• 2.  RE: What kind of controller Do I need torun a couple Aurba AP-125?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 12, 2015 11:49 AM
    The 800 is very old. You may want to look at a 600 series controller. It's newer, but still end of sale.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 3.  RE: What kind of controller Do I need torun a couple Aurba AP-125?

Posted Sep 12, 2015 12:28 PM
      |   view attached
    Ok. Def don't have to go for the bottom of the barel on controllers, totally willing to buy something more powerful, just trying to keep in mind the AP's are being install in a barn, chicken house and in waterproof cases in the pasture so I don't want to go crazy on spending money.

Another question. Why are there 2 lan ports on the AP's? I no the 3rd is a Consol connection but why 2 lab? Load Balancing? POE? Directional traffic ?

• 4.  RE: What kind of controller Do I need torun a couple Aurba AP-125?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 12, 2015 12:35 PM
    On the older APs, it allows you to provide wired access.

On the newer APs, it's used for link aggregation.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 5.  RE: What kind of controller Do I need torun a couple Aurba AP-125?

Posted Sep 25, 2015 08:14 PM
    I'm just trying to get something without spending thousdNds of $ on it. I thought the 800 BBC I can get one for around $75. Any thoughts? The 600 looks like its $1500

• 6.  RE: What kind of controller Do I need torun a couple Aurba AP-125?

Posted Oct 18, 2015 11:00 AM

perhaps you already bought one or the other but the reason for not going with the 800 is the software, it isn't and won't be updated any more. so if you run into issues which require update you are stuck.

but for the 75$ you could give it a go and see how well it turns out. i do see 6xx controllers for around 200$ on ebay now though.