Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Where do I find the licence serial keys?

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Where do I find the licence serial keys?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 30, 2012 08:32 AM

Hi,

I need to renew the support for one of our customers, but apparently we need the licence serial key (L000000xxxxxxx ).  I simply see no reference to this anywhere in the original order, controller or licencing site.

How do I find this serial for the licences installed on a controller?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Where do I find the licence serial keys?

Posted Oct 30, 2012 09:02 AM

Others may know of a better way, but the only way I know is to open a case with TAC and have them check the internal Aruba serial number database.  They can search by the customer name and see all LICxxxxxxxxxxx serial numbers.

The Aruba account team for the customer should also be able to help get a renewal quote.

• 3.  RE: Where do I find the licence serial keys?

Posted Oct 30, 2012 09:58 AM

From a controller select the Configuration tab, then the Licenses tab.

At the bottom of that page you should see all installed licenses and the keys.

If this isn't the correct info you can use the link on the top of the page (license site) and enter the serial number.

• 4.  RE: Where do I find the licence serial keys?

Posted Oct 30, 2012 03:17 PM

You can also see the licenses on the CLI using the command "show license verbose".   Additionally, your customer may have registered for our License Management System (LMS) to register the licenses.  https://licensing.arubanetworks.com/ .The licenses can be viewed there and they can even be exported into a .csv.

• 5.  RE: Where do I find the licence serial keys?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 30, 2012 04:15 PM
    Thanks guys, but none of the above is where these 'licence serial keys' are........apart from contacting support.

• 6.  RE: Where do I find the licence serial keys?

Posted Oct 30, 2012 06:30 PM

Well.....we are both kinda right.   You will need the original Certificate ID for the renewal....not the Installation Key which is what you will find with "show license verbose".  TAC can easily search the Installation Key to find the Certificate ID.

The LMS does, however, provide both.LMS_Keys.jpg