Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Which one Master or slave needs to have the AP licenses installed on

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Which one Master or slave needs to have the AP licenses installed on

Posted Apr 24, 2014 09:30 AM

Hello,

I currently have a W-3200 controller in my main office (which will be my master controller) and i am planing to install a few more in my remote locations (which will be my slaves). My question is where does the AP license need to be installed? On the mater or on the slave controllers? Also is there anything else i need to do to set this up?

Thanks for your help.

• 2.  RE: Which one Master or slave needs to have the AP licenses installed on

Posted Apr 24, 2014 09:59 AM

If the w-3200 is able to support AOS 6.3 then you can enable Centralize licensing and install the licenses there and all the local controller should able to pull and share the licenses

But if the w-3200 is not able to support 6.3 then you will have to install the licenses on each controller that will be supported APs

• 3.  RE: Which one Master or slave needs to have the AP licenses installed on

Posted Apr 24, 2014 10:07 AM

Thanks for the reply. I am running 6.3.1.3 on this controller.

So if i put all the license keys on this controlller the other controller in my remote location with diffenret IP will see them and then i can setup my ap's in that locations?

• 4.  RE: Which one Master or slave needs to have the AP licenses installed on

Posted Apr 24, 2014 10:43 AM

As long as those are configured as local and have Centralize licensing enabled too.

You need to take in consideration that if the Master goes down you have 30 days to keep using the active licenses that were installed on the Master.

• 5.  RE: Which one Master or slave needs to have the AP licenses installed on
    Best Answer