Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Why access point didn't work after AP fail over to another controller?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Why access point didn't work after AP fail over to another controller?

Posted Oct 20, 2014 07:52 AM

Dears,

I have 2 controllers

Controller 1 (10.0.0.2)- VLAn 10 Master

Controller 2 (20.0.0.2)-Vlan 20 Local

now I configured the APs with

LMS IP of 20.0.0.2 (local)

Backup LMS  10.0.0.2 (Master)

Now when access Points on the Local everything works fine and when I disconnect the Local to test the APs show up on mastr and everything loosk fine the SSIDs are broadcasting normally but when I tried to connect it said authentication faild and the i a FLAG (a) and when I connect back the LMS controller the access points showed up on local again and also withflag a and didn't work and when I reprovision it again it work..so How to solve this issue??

• 2.  RE: Why access point didn't work after AP fail over to another controller?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 20, 2014 07:56 AM
    Are you using cpsec?

• 3.  RE: Why access point didn't work after AP fail over to another controller?

Posted Oct 20, 2014 09:59 AM

Dears thanks for replay,

Plane Security is disabled and I'm Using Cenralized Licenses all licenses are very enough so what do you think that cause such an issue? I need to solve it and thank you

• 4.  RE: Why access point didn't work after AP fail over to another controller?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 20, 2014 10:08 AM

Have you added the master controller to radius server as nas-client?

• 5.  RE: Why access point didn't work after AP fail over to another controller?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 20, 2014 10:33 AM

What authentication method are you using on the SSID?

Also, do you have user VLANs configured on the master controller?

• 6.  RE: Why access point didn't work after AP fail over to another controller?

Posted Oct 20, 2014 11:11 AM

Yes Dears I have Configured all of this,so what is Flag (a) :Reduce Arp Packtes?

• 7.  RE: Why access point didn't work after AP fail over to another controller?

Posted Oct 21, 2014 09:58 AM

The a flag is controlled by the "wlan virtual-ap"/"broadcast filter arp" command.

• 8.  RE: Why access point didn't work after AP fail over to another controller?

Posted Oct 21, 2014 05:08 PM

So does flag a mean a problem or no?

• 9.  RE: Why access point didn't work after AP fail over to another controller?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 21, 2014 05:55 PM

No.

• 10.  RE: Why access point didn't work after AP fail over to another controller?

Posted Oct 21, 2014 06:22 PM

would you attach your configs? I'm curious to see the way you have it setup.

Thanks,

• 11.  RE: Why access point didn't work after AP fail over to another controller?

Posted Oct 20, 2014 08:24 AM
    Enough licenses?