Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.

Why does my WiFi Bridge 501 not forward traffic towards connected devices without MAC Cloning?

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Why does my WiFi Bridge 501 not forward traffic towards connected devices without MAC Cloning?

Posted May 26, 2020 02:35 AM

Im incredibly frustrated - i got the WiFi Bridge 501 because i needed to connect two printers to a wireless network, thinking it would be self explanatory and trivial with the documentation. I got it all set up and connected to the wifi, and i can ping from behind the bridge to servers connected to the network upstream - but not back? DHCP also fails as it cannot respond back to the clients.

Currently i connect a HPE OfficeConnect 1820 to the Bridge and the printers to that switch. When i connect only one printer directly and enable MAC Cloning, both pinging and DHCP works. Can someone explain to me how i can use "up to 15 connected devices" as stated on the product page?