Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

WiFi calling in ArubaOS 6.5

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  WiFi calling in ArubaOS 6.5

Posted Apr 03, 2017 11:01 AM

I have a question why we need to configure Wi-Fi Calling on the controller in 6.5? We are currently running 6.4 and both android as well as iphones can make calls using wifi? A user can disable the celular network and makes calls without any configurations in the controller. I just want to know more about the benefits of this feature in 6.5

Thank you in advance, 

Nils 

• 2.  RE: WiFi calling in ArubaOS 6.5
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 03, 2017 11:05 AM

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_65x_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/Voice_Video/Extended_Voice_and_Video.htm?Highlight=wifi calling

Wi-Fi Calling Support in ArubaOS

ArubaOS provides QoS for voice calls made using Wi-Fi calling. ArubaOS can identify and prioritize calls made using Wi-Fi calling. UCM provides visibility for all voice calls made using Wi-Fi calling."

• 3.  RE: WiFi calling in ArubaOS 6.5

Posted Jan 05, 2018 02:44 PM

Colin are you saying that WIIF calling has to be enable in 6.5.  I was just about to post a question related to this.  In previous version, we did not do anything and wifi calling worked fine, now I have users complaing of one-way calling and call drops.

Can you re-send the link I am getting " Sorry. That page isn’t here anymore." 

Thanks

• 4.  RE: WiFi calling in ArubaOS 6.5

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 05, 2018 03:58 PM

I corrected the link.  Please try it again.

• 5.  RE: WiFi calling in ArubaOS 6.5

Posted Jan 05, 2018 04:33 PM
    Hey cjoseph,

Other than enabling wifi calling and adding DNS pattern information what else should be configured QoS? We are are using AP225 and it is a very small network at the moment with 8 APs. Back in the summer when we were running 6.4 we didnt have any issues with wificalling. I have disable this feature and still get the same results. Any suggestions or should I just open a case?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This message may contain privileged and confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.

• 6.  RE: WiFi calling in ArubaOS 6.5

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 05, 2018 06:44 PM

It might not make a big difference unless there is alot of congestion on your network.  If there is congestion, priority could make a difference in terms of voice quality.