Wireless Access

Trusted Contributor I

Re: Windows 10 EAP-PEAP Termination Broken

@mmcnamee wrote:

Has TAC identified what the root cause of this issue is? Is it the TLS or EAP implementation on Windows 10?

looking at the microsoft article, it is the use of TLS 1.2 which is causing this, and radius servers are fixing it, so it is up to that the side to solve it. as pointed out termination isn't best practice so Aruba probably won't solve this extremely fast on the controller. at some point they probably will.

for the one response that used windows 2012, i assume you could use NPS there.

Occasional Contributor II

hi,

is this still an issue ?

New Contributor

We still have this issue. We use Server 2012 R2 NPS. Workarround is to add the following registrykey in Windows 10:

reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RasMan\PPP\EAP\13 /v TlsVersion /t REG_DWORD /d 0xc0

Unfortunately this doesn't help us with Windows Phone 10. Please help us to fix this problem:

Our configuration:

• Server 2012 R2 NPS with PEAP policy and RapidSSL CA
  • Aruba3200 Controller
  • Running  ArubaOS 6.4.3.6 
New Contributor

Hello,

We already owned airwave so we reconfigured our set up to use airwave as the radius server rather than a Windows 2012 NPS. Unfortunately this means we don't have any failover though.

Do you have to touch the registry in people's personal devices to get them to connect?
Guru Elite

AirWave is not a RADIUS server. Can you elaborate on what you did?

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
New Contributor

Sorry, that was my mistake. I meant to say we are using ClearPass as our authentication server not Airwave.

Thank you,

Ricardo Rivera (Danny)
Assistant Director of IT Client Services & Media Services
Northern Essex Community College
100 Elliott St.
Haverhill, MA 01830
978-556-3742
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: