Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Wipe 3200 Config

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Wipe 3200 Config

Posted Dec 19, 2011 07:05 PM

Hello All,

I have a 3200 that I was using for some network testing (didn't install any licenses on it).  I would like to use this 3200 in our production environment, but I still a lot of testing configuration on it.  I want wipe the config have start over with an initial config.  I know there is a way to do this with the GUI, but I no longer have GUI access to it and am looking to wipe it from the console.  We are using 5.0.3.3.  Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Wipe 3200 Config
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 19, 2011 07:07 PM

Save your licenses by doing "show license verbose" and then do a "write erase all"

• 3.  RE: Wipe 3200 Config

Posted Dec 20, 2011 01:16 AM

Hi

Or you can save your license to a file on the controller. So you can do an import license after you have cleared the config.

(Aruba651) #license export license.txt
    Successfully exported 8 licenses from the license database to license.txt

Regards Thomas

• 4.  RE: Wipe 3200 Config
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 20, 2011 04:21 AM

As u mentioned in your query that there is no any license on controller then use the command as cjoseph suggested. 

(Aruba650) # write erase all
    Switch will be factory defaulted. All the configuration and databases will be deleted. Press 'y' to proceed : yes

(Aruba650) # reload

This command take the controller to factory default....:)

• 5.  RE: Wipe 3200 Config

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 20, 2011 08:38 AM

Just as a side note. My force of habit to do a "wr mem" before the reload negates the "write erase all."

So make sure you do the commands exactly as stated.

• 6.  RE: Wipe 3200 Config

Posted Dec 20, 2011 12:14 PM

Thanks guys.  Knew it was something simple, just couldn't remember.