Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Wired Clients showing in 6.1.2.8?

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Wired Clients showing in 6.1.2.8?

Posted Mar 16, 2012 11:31 AM

I just received a new controller and installed 6.1.2.8 on it. I am in the testing phases, and I noticed that some of my devices on the network are being seen by my Aruba controller as Wired clients.

This is causing me an issue, as my wifi phone would not communicate with its SVP controller because it was seen by the Aruba controller and blocked since it was placed in the logon role. I needed to add a specific rules to allow this traffic.

How do I stop the controller from "caring" about anything on the wired side?

Thanks,

• 2.  RE: Wired Clients showing in 6.1.2.8?

Posted Mar 16, 2012 11:35 AM

Make sure the both the physical ports (gigabit 1/0, for example) AND the VLAN interfaces are "trusted".  If they are untrusted and your traffic flows through the controller, you will end up having to authenticate to pass traffic (what type of traffic is allowed is based on the pre-logon role assigned).

• 3.  RE: Wired Clients showing in 6.1.2.8?

Posted Mar 16, 2012 11:51 AM

Ok - yes, i had not trusted that VLAN on that port.

I am still "seeing" the Device in the client list as a wired client, and would prefer not to. Any way to do that?

• 4.  RE: Wired Clients showing in 6.1.2.8?

Posted Mar 16, 2012 11:54 AM

Users appear in the user table only when they are untrusted.     You should trust the port and trust the VLANs in/out of that port...then the entry for these wired devices on your LAN will disappear.   Better yet, they will be able to fully communicate :)

• 5.  RE: Wired Clients showing in 6.1.2.8?

Posted Mar 16, 2012 11:54 AM

On the CLI, do "aaa user del x.x.x.x" (x.x.x.x = the IP of your device).  It should not come back.

If you don't want to delete it manually, you can wait 6-7 minutes (default timeout if 5 minutes of no traffic and then a couple keepalive messages have to be missed) and it will go away automatically.

• 6.  RE: Wired Clients showing in 6.1.2.8?

Posted Mar 16, 2012 11:57 AM

They are gone now, thanks for the help.