Wireless Access

Highlighted
New Contributor

Wireless Controller client dashboard

Hi,

We have recently migrated our IAP infrastructure to CAP infra with a 7010 controller. We are using the same SSIDs with the same settings. We have a WAP2 PSK SSID mainly used by guests. On the IAP system we could see the hostaname of the device, phone which is connected. On the controller dasboard / Clients view we dont see this anymore only IP address. How can I get back the same functionality?

We have another SSID which is using Radius authentication. For those users we can see usernames.

Thank you in advance!

Gergely

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Guru Elite

Re: Wireless Controller client dashboard

In the AAA profile, you can enable the "username from dhcp option 12" checkbox to have the username populated:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_6_5_4_X_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/1CommandList/aaa_profile.htm?Highlight=aaa%20profile%20opt12

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Guru Elite

In the AAA profile, you can enable the "username from dhcp option 12" checkbox to have the username populated:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_6_5_4_X_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/1CommandList/aaa_profile.htm?Highlight=aaa%20profile%20opt12

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thank you Joseph, this did the trick.