Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Wireless Network Setup

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Wireless Network Setup

Posted Nov 15, 2017 10:58 PM

We have a network flat 172.xxx.xxx.xxx.  The master IAP-205 is in one building.  We are using the aruba instance controller.  We have just started breaking up the network to different wireless vlans in each building.  My question is would the best way to proceed with this network would be to make new controller in each building on each vlan or still use the one main controller?

I am looking for ideas.  I am also looking at adding clearpass.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Wireless Network Setup

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 16, 2017 05:02 AM

Hi, if you break the network apart into different VLANs it would be a good idea to set up one Management VLAN over the two buildings for the Instant Management. Within that VLAN the IAP are building theit Cluster. Otherwise you would have several IAP Virtual Controllers which you have to setup manually.

To learn more about Instant you could watch the Instant Training Series:

http://www.arubanetworks.com/products/networking/aruba-instant/training/instant-training/

• 3.  RE: Wireless Network Setup

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 16, 2017 05:24 AM

And an additional great document that helps you design Instant networks is the Aruba Instant Validated Reference Design guide.

It may be good to work with your Aruba partner for the optimal design, as they are likely to have cases like these done before.