Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Wireless Network Setup

We have a network flat 172.xxx.xxx.xxx.  The master IAP-205 is in one building.  We are using the aruba instance controller.  We have just started breaking up the network to different wireless vlans in each building.  My question is would the best way to proceed with this network would be to make new controller in each building on each vlan or still use the one main controller?

I am looking for ideas.  I am also looking at adding clearpass.

Thanks

Aruba Employee

Re: Wireless Network Setup

Hi, if you break the network apart into different VLANs it would be a good idea to set up one Management VLAN over the two buildings for the Instant Management. Within that VLAN the IAP are building theit Cluster. Otherwise you would have several IAP Virtual Controllers which you have to setup manually.

To learn more about Instant you could watch the Instant Training Series:

http://www.arubanetworks.com/products/networking/aruba-instant/training/instant-training/

Re: Wireless Network Setup

And an additional great document that helps you design Instant networks is the Aruba Instant Validated Reference Design guide.

It may be good to work with your Aruba partner for the optimal design, as they are likely to have cases like these done before.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: