Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Wireless Speed Slowed Down

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  Wireless Speed Slowed Down

Posted Aug 31, 2019 03:08 PM

I have 3 IAP305 working with one of them as a controller. My internet connection is 600MBPS and I received this speed on my devices connected in the 5Ghz band (iPads, Notebooks).
    Two weeks ago, the speed has dropped to no more than 140MBPS and nothing has changed (only an upgrade made on a day I don't remember). The speed within the network via ethernet cable continues at 600MBPS.
    What can I check to get back the speed I had before?

• 2.  RE: Wireless Speed Slowed Down

Posted Aug 31, 2019 03:20 PM
    Check your channel (rf) , channel width, client drivers. If you want to do valid speed testing please use iperf with a local server.

• 3.  RE: Wireless Speed Slowed Down

Posted Sep 01, 2019 12:02 AM

All parameters and clients are the same (no change). I did my tests based on internet and local lan (iperf servers)

• 4.  RE: Wireless Speed Slowed Down

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 01, 2019 07:37 AM

Wireless is shared AND half-duplex.  You would typically receive about half of what you can in wired throughput as a result.  Your client could also be limited based on its capabilities.

• 5.  RE: Wireless Speed Slowed Down

Posted Sep 01, 2019 10:59 PM

Not in this case, speeds before were 560-600mbps, now 140mbps is the max achieved. The hardware, devices, etc. Remain the same.  The only difference was update or program of the access points. 

• 6.  RE: Wireless Speed Slowed Down

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 02, 2019 05:48 AM

You should open a TAC case, then, so that they can find out what your issue is.  I am not sure that your wired and wireless clients should be getting the same throughput.  Do you  mean association rate, or throughput?