Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Wireless Unable to Connect when VIA Installed

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Wireless Unable to Connect when VIA Installed

Posted Feb 13, 2013 03:50 PM

I am working with a customer who has informed me of the following.  I have not troubleshot it first hand yet; just want to see if there are any suggestions first.

When VIA is installed (Windows 7), the client is unable to establish a connection to their Aruba wireless network (using EAP-TLS).  If they uninstall VIA, the client will immediately connect.   The client also indicated that if they disable the Aruba VIA Driver on the wireless card, they are able to connect while VIA is installed.

Thoughts? 

• 2.  RE: Wireless Unable to Connect when VIA Installed

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 13, 2013 03:52 PM

Clembo,

Are they pushing a wireless configuration through VIA to the client?

• 3.  RE: Wireless Unable to Connect when VIA Installed

Posted Feb 13, 2013 04:14 PM

No, sorry meant to mention that.   No wireless configuraitons are pushed, nor are any profiles even created.

• 4.  RE: Wireless Unable to Connect when VIA Installed

Posted Feb 14, 2013 12:24 AM

What are the type of certificates you are using, what is the inner eap method for your wireless network. What wireless supplicant are using?

• 5.  RE: Wireless Unable to Connect when VIA Installed

Posted Feb 14, 2013 07:48 AM

These are Windows 7 clients, using Windows native supplicant.   They are authenticating with EAP-TLS.   It just seems when the VIA driver is loaded to the wireless adapter, it won't let them connect at all.

• 6.  RE: Wireless Unable to Connect when VIA Installed

Posted Feb 14, 2013 11:43 PM

Could you give me below information?

VIA version

VIA logs (use send logs)

Wireless adapter maker and driver details

AOS version

Does it work if other than EAP-TLS like PSK or EAP-PEAP?

• 7.  RE: Wireless Unable to Connect when VIA Installed

Posted Feb 15, 2013 04:35 PM

VIA version - 2.1.1.2.36822 (Windows XP)

VIA logs - I will PM them (customer would like not to post them)

Wireless adapter maker and driver details - W1501 Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card"; Driver: "DW1501 Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card"; Provider: "Broadcom"; Mfg: "Broadcom"; Section name: "BCM1501M"

AOS version - 6.2.x (not sure; sorry)

Does it work if other than EAP-TLS like PSK or EAP-PEAP? - they don't have other networks setup at the time of testing; so not sure.

I'll send the logs in PM