Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Wireless clients cannot associate with Aruba AP 93.

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Wireless clients cannot associate with Aruba AP 93.

Posted Aug 21, 2013 05:13 AM

Wireless clients are connected to the AP for around 10 sec and then disconnected, connected again and the disconnected. Like this all the time no clients are able to associate with the AP. I tried rebooting the AP, no help.

The problem happened before with a different AP, I reset the access point and reconfigured it again. That AP is still working till now. 

I have to find the root cause of the problem, I cannot keep on resetting every time it happens.

My controller is 650 with 6.1.3.6. With AP 93. Any help is highly appreciated. 

• 2.  RE: Wireless clients cannot associate with Aruba AP 93.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 21, 2013 07:17 AM

How many clients are on that AP93 when this happens?

• 3.  RE: Wireless clients cannot associate with Aruba AP 93.

Posted Aug 21, 2013 08:04 AM

5 clients max. 

all our users have desktops and connected through LAN. these clients are BYOD mostly and 1 laptop.

and now there are no clients associated (0 clients) and new clients cannot associate. 

• 4.  RE: Wireless clients cannot associate with Aruba AP 93.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 21, 2013 08:08 AM

Has this ever worked?

• 5.  RE: Wireless clients cannot associate with Aruba AP 93.

Posted Aug 21, 2013 08:15 AM

that access point was working fine. before that the access point in the CEO office had a similar problem. I set it up and connected the CEO to it my self when it was working, after a while it disassociated his pc and didn't accept new connections. just like this problem.

• 6.  RE: Wireless clients cannot associate with Aruba AP 93.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 21, 2013 08:37 AM

Are the wired and wireless users on the same VLAN?

• 7.  RE: Wireless clients cannot associate with Aruba AP 93.

Posted Aug 21, 2013 09:32 AM

they are either wired or wireless, never at the same time.

• 8.  RE: Wireless clients cannot associate with Aruba AP 93.

Posted Aug 25, 2013 01:11 AM

i was looking at another thread and found out that it has something to do with the ap rebootstrapping. after restarting the AP couple of times, I was desperate and logged a call with TAC. while I was waiting for a response the access point began functioning again.

I still don't know what happened, but maybe TAC team will be able to pin point the issue. if I comeup with any findings I will post it here later. 

• 9.  RE: Wireless clients cannot associate with Aruba AP 93.

Posted Aug 26, 2013 12:25 AM

Fayez_e, you might consider reprovisioning the AP as remote-AP. Once it has downloaded the image, which I assume is the case here, it only uses UDP 4500 to connect the controller. I have found in some occasions that the infamous firewall guy makes some changes to the network and there you go; campus APs get unstable...

• 10.  RE: Wireless clients cannot associate with Aruba AP 93.
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 26, 2013 12:33 AM

@fayez.e wrote:

i was looking at another thread and found out that it has something to do with the ap rebootstrapping. after restarting the AP couple of times, I was desperate and logged a call with TAC. while I was waiting for a response the access point began functioning again.

I still don't know what happened, but maybe TAC team will be able to pin point the issue. if I comeup with any findings I will post it here later. 

If the access point is rebootstrapping, there is some connectivity issue:

- Check the speed and duplex negotiated by the access points

- Check the port from the controller to your switch to see if there are any errors

- Check the ports from the access points to their switches to see if there are any errors

If you find any errors, problems, test the physical cabling....

If it is happening to a number of access points, the problem is physically close to the controller..

• 11.  RE: Wireless clients cannot associate with Aruba AP 93.

Posted Aug 26, 2013 03:49 AM

so I was checking the switch show commands and I find runts, CRC and lots of discarded packets. 

I checked the duplex settings, it is set to auto on both sides. we are suspecting bad cabling. I will recrimp the cables.

thank you all for your help.