Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Wireless security best practices

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Wireless security best practices

Posted Jun 19, 2012 01:40 AM

Is there any best practices or recommendations on how we go about tightening the wireless controller IDS configuration?

• 2.  RE: Wireless security best practices

Posted Jun 19, 2012 02:26 PM

I recommend turning on 'wired containment' and 'tarpit-all-sta'   settings from an IPS standpoint.   Neither are defaults...but both have major value in enabling with two mouseclicks.

• 3.  RE: Wireless security best practices

Posted Jun 20, 2012 04:35 PM

Do you have Airwave?

Most of the process for us has been about identifying what triggers we want to alert someone about starting in severity with rogues and working down to more common events. Have you gone through the RAPIDS best practices guide? It is available on your AMP in the documentation page.

If you dont have AMP, tweak you classification rules to make sure your events are relevant.

• 4.  RE: Wireless security best practices

Posted Jun 22, 2012 01:28 AM

Yes i do have AMP.

I can't locate the RAPIDS best practices guide. Which AMP documentation is it in? I've looked through "Aruba and Airwave 7.5 Best Practices Guide" and "Air Wave 7.5 User Guide". Could not find anything relating to RAPIDS best practices.

• 5.  RE: Wireless security best practices

Posted Jun 22, 2012 12:32 PM

Check out the documentation tab on the home>documentation screen.