Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Wireless solution with Aruba Central

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Wireless solution with Aruba Central

Posted Oct 02, 2019 04:45 AM

Hi Airheads,

Just a quick question around licencing for wireless solutions.

We are planning to buy some IAPs (315 and 305) as a test run for one of our new sites, i assumed it was as easy as purchasing the AP's and adding the devices to Aruba central, however i'm being informed that there are multiple licences and potentially wireless controllers that i need to purchase ontop of the AP's? can someone please clarify this for me and exactly what licences will be required? i have traweled the internet but have been unable to find a definitive answer.

Thanks in advance.

Ryan

• 2.  RE: Wireless solution with Aruba Central
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Oct 02, 2019 04:56 AM

You can managed the IAPs using the built-in Virtual controller, this does not require a license. You can manage the IAPs using Aruba Central which will at a minimum require a device license (per AP) and if any additional services such as Guest are required, then a Services (per AP) licenses is required.

The Central datasheet will give you all the info you need if using IAP + Central.

https://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/ds/DS_ArubaCentral.pdf

You can also convert the IAPs to APs and terminate these on a Mobility Controller.

• 3.  RE: Wireless solution with Aruba Central

Posted Oct 02, 2019 05:12 AM

Thanks for the speedy response Craig, the link is really useful, do you think we would require the service management subscription and do you know what this includes? we only intend to issue 2 SSIDs for generic use.

• 4.  RE: Wireless solution with Aruba Central

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Oct 02, 2019 05:19 AM

The Services subscription includes Presence Analytics, Guest Access, Clarity, and Unified Communication services. If you don't need these, then stick to the Device licenses only.