Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Woops - Wrong AP-Group

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Woops - Wrong AP-Group

Posted Apr 24, 2013 03:59 PM

So - while troubleshooting some RAP3's, we found that 5 are in the wrong AP group.  I've done the local-userdb-ap modify, local-userdb-ap del  and clear gap-db commands to remove these RAPs and hopefully start over.  Nothing.

With that said, what is the trick to get a RAP back online if you "woops" on a group/add the RAP to a group that doesn't exisit?  Do you need to do Fact Reset for the output to reflect when doing a            sh ap database long   ?  As of right now I have a FLAG value of   UR-c2G when running the sh ap database long   command.

Your input = greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

• 2.  RE: Woops - Wrong AP-Group

Posted Apr 24, 2013 04:05 PM

In case anyone asks -- I forgot to add  - this is a Master to Local relationship, so the DB etc needs to be done on the Master.  Clear gap-db doesn't work on the local.

• 3.  RE: Woops - Wrong AP-Group

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 24, 2013 04:16 PM

If the access point appears on the controller, just reprovision it to the right ap-group.  Otherwise, reboot it after you fix the entry in the rap whitelist.