Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor II

a/b/g/n on Same AP

I have the following questions :

1-  What is difference between  "dual band "  &  "dual radio "  ? 

2 - Can  AP-93   have some users connected using  802.11b while others connected using   802.11g ?

2 - Can  AP-105  have some users connected using  802.11b while others connected using   802.11g ?

Guru Elite

Re: a/b/g/n on Same AP

1) Dual-band means the radio is capable of operating in either the 2.4 or 5 GHz space (only one can be active). Dual-radio means the AP has two radios and can operate in both bands at the same time.

2 / 3) Yes, but remember that older devices will "slow down" newer devices because they take up more airtime for everyone.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Frequent Contributor II

Thx 

For 2/3 ,   only will slow down Others  , or  all users will be forced to use the same  .11 Technology ( slowest one )  ?

Guru Elite

Since 802.11b transmissions eat up more airtime, all devices may experience slower speeds when b devices are active.

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Frequent Contributor II

Thx 

what do you mean by Eat Up More Air Time ?

Guru Elite

802.11b devices take much longer than an 802.11g device to send the same amount of data. So while the b device is trying to send or receive that chunk, the g device has to wait.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: