Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

ap database not syncing

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  ap database not syncing

Posted Mar 07, 2014 10:50 AM

Have M3 controllers in a Master/Local config, running 6.3.1.2 code, Master is the standby, the Local shows all of my AP's-414 total, the Master shows only 404 AP's.,  Licensing is ok, have 500 on each controller.  anyway to force a resync of the databases?  need to get the Master(standby) to show correct number of AP's

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: ap database not syncing

Posted Mar 07, 2014 10:55 AM

very simple just go to to cli (SSH or console)

(enable/conf t)

and write:

clear gap-db lms <the address of your master>

give it a few sec and than take a look in your GUI

i advise u to do it in your local& your master

IT WILL NOT EFFECT THE SERVICE (IT WILL REBUILT THE DB as needed in a few sec)

Please keep in mind that using the "lms" parameter will clear ALL aps in the database that pointed to that local switch ip address. Clearing APs that are active will result in the AP record immediately being recreated and there will be no interruption in service. The "clear gap-db lms" method is good for wiping out all historical APs that are inactive and keeping the ones that are active.

• 3.  RE: ap database not syncing

Posted Mar 07, 2014 11:07 AM

I was able to run the command on the active master, not on the Local, did a write afterwards, so far the database is not rebuilding on the master.

any suggestions?

• 4.  RE: ap database not syncing

Posted Mar 07, 2014 11:20 AM

1.Give it a few sec / if your ran the command as needed (u should see everything with zeros under monitroing)

2.In your master under monitoring u seeing 2 controllers (master + local?) - and both with sync success?

if Yes.

Press only save configuration and then should be a sync.

• 5.  RE: ap database not syncing

Posted Mar 07, 2014 11:28 AM

I see in the monitoring on the master, 2 controllers.  In monitoring on the local, I see 2 controllers.  I cannot run the clear gap-db lms lms-ip <ip-address> on the local controller, gives message that this command can only be run on active Master.

I’m concerned that I do not see any AP’s on the Master under –Configuration/Wireless/AP Installation or under the monitoring on the master-not sure if I should though?  Since the AP's should be landed on the Local, which they are.

It has been over 15 minutes since running the command…  very interesting…  ever see this before?

• 6.  RE: ap database not syncing

Posted Mar 07, 2014 11:31 AM

Please keep in mind that using the "lms" parameter will clear ALL aps in the database that pointed to that local switch ip address.

run the command on the master
    and write after the lms-ip LOCALIP
    Because the MASTERIP your already did.

and let me know afterwards.

dont worry service will not be effect by this at all.

**AND PLEASE AFTERWARDS SCREENSHOT YOUR MONITORING>CONTROLLER SCREEN (the one with the sync success or not.** < post it here please>

• 7.  RE: ap database not syncing

• 8.  RE: ap database not syncing

Posted Mar 07, 2014 11:39 AM

What is your output from "show master-local stats" on the local?

• 9.  RE: ap database not syncing

Posted Mar 07, 2014 11:42 AM

Missed -> HB Resp from Master
    -----------------------------
    IP Address      HB Req      HB Resp     Cfg Terminate  Peer Reset  Total Missed  Last Sent Missed  Last Synced/Last Missed
    ----------      ------      -------     -------------  ----------  ------------  ----------------  -----------------------
    xxx.xxx.254.247  447962      447962      0              0           6             0                 Fri Mar  7 09:37:41 2014

• 10.  RE: ap database not syncing

SCREENSHOT YOUR MONITORING>CONTROLLER SCREEN (the one with the sync success or not.** < post it here please>

• 11.  RE: ap database not syncing

Posted Mar 07, 2014 11:44 AM

Actually, TAC just called, will continue with them, thanks for the help...

• 12.  RE: ap database not syncing

Posted Mar 07, 2014 11:45 AM

Sure,always glad to assist  - Just please let us know what was the issue and how it solved.

• 13.  RE: ap database not syncing

Posted Mar 07, 2014 11:46 AM

one last thing - tell TAC that u got 6 missing hearbeats between the controllers from today.

advise: *check the connectivity between the master & your lcoal*

Missed -> HB Resp from Master
    -----------------------------
    IP Address HB Req HB Resp Cfg Terminate Peer Reset Total Missed Last Sent Missed Last Synced/Last Missed
    ---------- ------ ------- ------------- ---------- ------------ ---------------- -----------------------
    xxx.xxx.254.247 447962 447962 0 0 6 0 Fri Mar 7 09:37:41 2014

• 14.  RE: ap database not syncing
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 07, 2014 12:13 PM
    I was told this is a known bug with 6.3.1.2 and is fixed in 6.3.1.3 we were able to move an ap over to the master and it functioned normally, seems to be a nuisance bug, not affecting performance.

David M. Zeising
    Network Engineer|Scottsdale Healthcare
    Work 480.882.4996 Cell 480.993.5218
    E-mail: Dzeising@shc.org
    [cid:image001.png@01CF39ED.D77F4BB0]

The information contained in this message is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or unauthorized use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this by error, please notify the sender immediately.

• 15.  RE: ap database not syncing

Posted Mar 07, 2014 11:40 AM

ok, so I ran the comand : clear gap-db lms lms-ip xxx.xxx.254.247 (my Local Controller)

then ran : write mem

I've run these commands in the past to clear out dead AP's but always int he previous OS versions, the valid AP's showed up.

Not sure why this would take so long or why it isn't rebuilding.....

• 16.  RE: ap database not syncing

David M. Zeising
    Network Engineer|Scottsdale Healthcare
    Work 480.882.4996 Cell 480.993.5218
    E-mail: Dzeising@shc.org
    [cid:image001.png@01CF39E9.797CA9D0]

The information contained in this message is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or unauthorized use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this by error, please notify the sender immediately.

• 17.  RE: ap database not syncing

You sure your AOS is 6.3.1.2 and not 6.1.3.2?