Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

ap215 flags ID on controller

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  ap215 flags ID on controller

Posted Feb 27, 2018 03:22 PM

I am trying to connect an AP215 to a remote controller 7205.  I get the following flags ID when the ap connects.  How can I fix this? 

• 2.  RE: ap215 flags ID on controller

Posted Feb 27, 2018 03:39 PM

Edit; Misread post as flag IDs, not flag "ID".

Please update your post with the flag ID please.

• 3.  RE: ap215 flags ID on controller

Posted Feb 27, 2018 03:40 PM

flag ID is I and D

• 4.  RE: ap215 flags ID on controller

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Feb 27, 2018 03:42 PM
    I is for Inactive and D is for dirty configuration. Have you got enough licenses in the first place? Also run #show profile-errors to see if you are missing any VLAN’s etc

Also check the AP205 is certified in your regulatory domain, with #show ap allowed-channels ap-name XXX

• 5.  RE: ap215 flags ID on controller

Posted Feb 27, 2018 03:46 PM
    Currently on Eval licenses with plenty of them available.

#show profile-errors

Invalid Profiles
    ----------------
    Profile Error
    ------- -----
    aaa authentication via connection-profile "default"

• 6.  RE: ap215 flags ID on controller

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Feb 27, 2018 03:57 PM
    Anything in the show logs? Is this a single controller? Are there any issues between the AP and the WLC?

• 7.  RE: ap215 flags ID on controller

Posted Feb 27, 2018 04:04 PM
    This is a dual controller setup. All Aps at location have no issues loading the profile. It is just this on controller from another location on my network.

• 8.  RE: ap215 flags ID on controller

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Feb 28, 2018 02:26 AM
    There must be some missing configuration somewhere. What do the logs of each of the controllers say for the AP in question? Feel free to post them if you want.

• 9.  RE: ap215 flags ID on controller

Posted Feb 28, 2018 07:51 PM

This is often a missing configuration issue as zalion0 has suggested; however I have run into the "D" flag in  two other instances.   The first is MTU sizing on the network (and compare with AP System Profile) between the AP and the controller.     The second was an instance where the customer had some policy based routing on the MPLS network that was not working correctly.   In this case, they had seen the following message on the controller.    Please check all the logs on the controller for any reference to this AP or AP MAC on that controller.

Apr 25 02:34:12 :305056:  <WARN> |stm|  AP XXXXX-AP2 No response from AP for REG_DOM_INFO request for 3614 sec; deleting AP.

Just two other suggestions to look at.