Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

aruba OS8 MobilityMaster named VLAN without VLAN ID

Hello Community,

I want to set up an aruba OS8 environment with Mobilty Master and some 7030 mobilty devices in different locations.

The VLAN names on the campus are the same in all of my location, only the VLAN-IDs differ e.g.

Building A - VLAN-Name: OFFICE, VLAN-ID 520

Building B - VLAN-Name: OFFICE, VLAN-ID 620

and so on.

For a simple configuration I wanted to create the VLAN Names at the Top Level (Managed Devices) without an ID and assign the correct VLAN ID in every controller level, so I can create user-roles at the top level which uses these named VLANs. But I haven't figured out how to do that. When I create a VLAN at the Top-Level I have to type a VLAN-ID.

When I assign for example the ID 2020, then it's published to all controllers. I can change the ID to the correct one, but the ID 2020 remains on every controller.

Is it possible to create a named VLAN without VLAN ID?

Thanks for your help,

Steffen

Re: aruba OS8 MobilityMaster named VLAN without VLAN ID

Then you can assign the VLAN-ID at each manage node

Thank you

Victor Fabian

Pardon typos sent from Mobile
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Architect @WEI
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA

You will need to configure it via cli:
VLAN-name “name”
And then add the vlan-id at each node

Thank you

Victor Fabian

Thank you

Victor Fabian

In cli of mobility master? Under mynode oder do I have to change the directory?
Thank you.

>From the MM > cd md and then configure it from there if you want the same name to be applied to every MD

Thank you

Victor Fabian

Thank you

Victor Fabian

ok, I tried this, I want to create a VLAN WLAN-MGMT and assign the ID 530 to the controllers under /md/BUILDINGA:

(MM1) [mynode] #cd md
(MM1) [md] (config) #vlan-name WLAN-MGMT (MM1) ^[md] (config) # wri mem
Saving Configuration... (MM1) [md] (config) #cd / /md /md/BUILDINGA /md/BUILDINGB /mm /mm/mynode <node-path> Path of config node (MM1) [md] (config) #cd /MD/BUILDINGA (MM1) [BUILDINGA] (config) #vlan WLAN-MGMT 530 Error: VLAN in the list does not exist

I also can not see the created VLAN in Web-UI, neither in Managed-Networks-Node, nor in BUILDINGA-Node.

Did I do something wrong? Or do I have to create the named VLAN on each MD again, but that would make no sense, than the inheritance would be meaningless.

Guru Elite

Did you try the syntax here?  https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_83_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/1CommandList/vlan.htm?Highlight=vlan%20name

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos

yes i tried and it worked.

But I am not happy with this solution because I can't see the VLAN-Name in WebUI as long as I don't define a VLAN ID. Also I have to define new VLANs in CLI everytime.

So I decided to create all VLANs in WebUI at the Top Level of managed Network with the Same VLAN ID which is not in use in my network (OFFICE 4093, WLAN-MGMT 4093, GAESTE 4093 ...)

I changed the VLAN ID in every sub-Level to the correct VLAN ID of the location.

It would be great If I could delete the unused VLAN 4093 from the sub-levels but the "delete"-Button is not available for that inherited VLAN ;-) But I can live with that.

MM-VLAN-Settings.png

Thanks for your help and your solutions.

Regards.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: