Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

automatic setting of antenna gain on AP304

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  automatic setting of antenna gain on AP304

Posted Oct 24, 2019 03:50 AM

Hello, I have to replace about 500 AP of a third party Vendor with Aruba AP-304 with external omni antennas (2dB gain on both radios).

I have an infrastructure with one virtual Mobility Master and a cluster of two Aruba controllers (72xx series). And Airwave as monitoring platform.

I have to minimize the deployment time and the "easyness" of the process because the customer has only basic skill tech people.

Is it possible to automate the setting of the external antenna gain and of the transmit power of the APs?

The goal is to achive a "full ZTP" for the APs with external antennas so the customer has only to connect antennas to the AP, connect the AP to the network and power it up.. and than the AP will receive all the necessary settings and automatically start to broadcast SSID.

How can I achive this goal? Is it possible? 

The best is without having to pre-stage the AP boot, obviously, due to the "time consuming" task for more than 500 devices.

Thx a lot!

• 2.  RE: automatic setting of antenna gain on AP304

Posted Nov 20, 2019 12:01 PM

Have you had any luck with this?
    We have over a thousand that we need to do.