Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

blacklist clients

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  blacklist clients

Posted Sep 02, 2016 10:12 AM

Hello,

When i change blacklist time (to have more than 60minutes remaining time) and i add a user (using stm add-blacklist-client) it's working but if i remove this user on the blacklist (using stm remove-blacklist-client) the next user i will add will have 60 minutes remaining time and not the value i put in the blacklist time ....

Anyone can help me ?

Merci.

• 2.  RE: blacklist clients

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 02, 2016 10:24 AM

I am assuming this is an an Aruba Controller.

Unassociated users get the "ap ap-blacklist-time" parameter in seconds:

config t

ap ap-blacklist-time 600

Users that are associated to a Virtual AP get durations based on these blacklist parameters:

wlan virtual-ap <profile>

auth-failure-blacklist-time <seconds>

blacklist-time <seconds>

Type "show ap blacklist-clients" to see blacklisted clients and their times.

• 3.  RE: blacklist clients

Posted Sep 02, 2016 11:02 AM
      |   view attached

Here's my config

Config.JPG

Here's my blacklist

blacklist.JPG

Here's my blacklist after removing and adding my first client (the blacklist time come back to 360 )

blacklist2.JPG

• 4.  RE: blacklist clients

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 02, 2016 11:06 AM

It is possible that the client starting with a0: was not associated to a SSID when it was blacklisted.  That would mean it falls under the "ap ap-blacklist-time" parameter.  When you blacklist a client, it is removed from the user table, so it is not considered associated.  If you removed it, then added it back, it is entirely possible that it was not associated, so it falls under the "ap ap-blacklist-time" parameter..

If that is not the case, please open a TAC case.

• 5.  RE: blacklist clients

Posted Sep 02, 2016 11:25 AM

I will open a TAC,

Thank's