Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

cannot open telnet to SAP server IP using port 23 from the handheld devices

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  cannot open telnet to SAP server IP using port 23 from the handheld devices

Posted Dec 04, 2017 10:47 AM

Hello Experts,

i have a strange problem, i have one SSID called "WMS" configured on the aruba controller.  the handheld devices can connect to it and can get an IP address without any issues.  however when devices tend to do telnet to the SAP application server it fails, however i can ping the server IP from the controller successfully.

is there any test that could be run from the controller itself to check the connectivity on port 23 to that SAP server ?

i am checking the WAN side if there is something which might be blocking this , i also have asked my customer to check if the SAP server is sitting behind a firewall .

• 2.  RE: cannot open telnet to SAP server IP using port 23 from the handheld devices

Posted Dec 04, 2017 04:14 PM

Is the SAP server internal to your network (hosted by your company) or external?

What is the user role you assign your handheld devices? Does it have a policy which restricts telnet access?