Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

captive portal with wpa-psk

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  captive portal with wpa-psk

Posted Mar 15, 2012 05:53 AM

Hi all!

I would like to configure my ssid "guest" with wpa-psk encryption with passphrase, once the guest type the correct word the controller redirect to captive portal.

I'm trying to configure this, but the controller shows the following message:

Error processing command 'wlan ssid-profile "ssid-guest" opmode wpa2-psk-aes':Error: dot1x profile needs to be enabled in aaa profile "aaa_guest" to support opmode "wpa2-psk-aes" configured in ssid profile "ssid-guest"
    anybody knows what commands i should type to enable dot1x profile in aaa profile "aaa_guest"?
    maybe the questions is so easy but i'm not sure about the config, so i prefer to ask here before doing something wrong.
    The config of "aaa_guest":

aaa profile "aaa_guest"
    initial-role "role-guest-logon"
    dot1x-default-role "role-guest-authen"

thanks in advance!

• 2.  RE: captive portal with wpa-psk
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 15, 2012 07:15 AM

@juancarlos.perezromero@telindus.es wrote:

Hi all!

I would like to configure my ssid "guest" with wpa-psk encryption with passphrase, once the guest type the correct word the controller redirect to captive portal.

I'm trying to configure this, but the controller shows the following message:

Error processing command 'wlan ssid-profile "ssid-guest" opmode wpa2-psk-aes':Error: dot1x profile needs to be enabled in aaa profile "aaa_guest" to support opmode "wpa2-psk-aes" configured in ssid profile "ssid-guest"
    anybody knows what commands i should type to enable dot1x profile in aaa profile "aaa_guest"?
    maybe the questions is so easy but i'm not sure about the config, so i prefer to ask here before doing something wrong.
    The config of "aaa_guest":

aaa profile "aaa_guest"
    initial-role "role-guest-logon"
    dot1x-default-role "role-guest-authen"

thanks in advance!

try :

config t

aaa profile "aaa_guest"

authentication-dot1x defalt

• 3.  RE: captive portal with wpa-psk

Posted Mar 15, 2012 07:53 AM

thanks it works!

now clients has to enter the wpa2 key and after they will be redirected to captive portal.

thanks!

• 4.  RE: captive portal with wpa-psk

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 15, 2012 08:22 AM

Glad that we can help!

• 5.  RE: captive portal with wpa-psk

Posted May 19, 2013 05:41 AM

i facing the same issue , but i want to know what the cause of this error ??

• 6.  RE: captive portal with wpa-psk

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 19, 2013 06:21 AM

Use the WLAN/LAN Wizard to create the Captive Portal to Avoid that error.

• 7.  RE: captive portal with wpa-psk

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 19, 2013 12:54 PM
    Wpa-psk requires a 802.1x profile in the AAA profile. You see that error when it is not configured. The wizard creates it automatically.

• 8.  RE: captive portal with wpa-psk

Posted May 20, 2013 03:39 AM

i tried to make it by the wizard many time , but nothing happen also the same error when i try to make a new AP group or new SSID