Wireless Access

New Contributor

centralized licensing with ACTIVE-ACTIVE ccontrollers

Hi, i have a question about centralized licensing.

We have bulding 1 with one controller and building 2 with other controller, lan-to-lan link between those buildings. Both building have their own intternet link.

Licenses are installed only in controller in building 1 for the total number of APs in both buildings, so we need to use centralized licensing.

At this moment, APs in building 2 are registered in controller in building 1 (because ccontroller in building 2 is in standby mode), so there are many traffic in LAN-to-LAN link.

We want to explore an architecture where centralized licensing is maintained, but controller can work in active-active mode, so APs in building 1 registrer with controller 1, and APs in building 2 register in controller 2. Additionally, is desired that controllers should be backup for each other, if controller 1 fails, all APs in building 1 register in controller 2, and viceversa.

Is this architecture posible in Aruba?? i have experience with other manufaccturers and it is posible but Aruba documentation is a little confusing about that escenario. 

Guru Elite

Re: centralized licensing with ACTIVE-ACTIVE ccontrollers

You make the controller in building 1 a master and the controller in building 2 a local controller.  If you turn on centralized licensing, they will automatically pool and share licenses.  You can make the APs in controller 1 find controller 1 by using  DHCP option 43 and 60 to point those access points to controller 1.  You can do the same with controller 2.   http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_64x_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/DHCP_Option_43/Windows_Based_DHCP_Serve.htm#dhcp_option_43_3357486196_1050520

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: