Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

centralized server for licensing + Aruba 7030

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  centralized server for licensing + Aruba 7030

Posted Apr 20, 2018 01:51 PM

Hello Experts,

i need to setup aruba 7030 controllers as master-standy.  after doing that i wud be putting the command "license server-ip x.x.x.x" in the master controller , and then setting command which is "controller-ip vlan 100" , as vlan 100 is the manage,ment vlan of the controllers.

would that work as expected and it will take the licenses automatically from the licensing server ?

how will the controller decide , how many licenses to acquire from the licensing server ?

license server-ip x.x.x.x , the IP addres in this command is the IP address of another aruba controller sitting in UK .

• 2.  RE: centralized server for licensing + Aruba 7030

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 20, 2018 02:18 PM
    Please review the chapter on centralized licensing.

You would only have to use the license-server command if controllers are not in the same master/local/stand cluster.

Edit: the controller only consumes as many licenses as there are access points on that controller.

• 3.  RE: centralized server for licensing + Aruba 7030

Posted Apr 20, 2018 02:51 PM
    But when my aruba 7030 controllers will come live in the network it.wont have any licenses at all as it needs to get them from the licensing server. So the ap' wud still be able to join the aruba 7030 wlc ?
    If yes , i think then the aruba 7030 will contact the licensing server to get the ap/pfeng/rfp licenses depending upn the no of ap's ?

Sorry this is the first time i.am configuring this in my network.

• 4.  RE: centralized server for licensing + Aruba 7030

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 20, 2018 02:53 PM

You should connect the Aruba Controller to the licensing server before you bring any access points up.  If you don't, you will not be able to configure anything that requires the PEF license.

• 5.  RE: centralized server for licensing + Aruba 7030

Posted Apr 20, 2018 03:25 PM

here is my setup 

aruba 7030 (master-standby with license server ip command on the master controller <<<<<<< WAN <<<<<< license-server .

i have checked that the routing is in place , the aruba 7030 management subnet can reach the licensing-server IP , pings juct fine.

so once the aruba 7030 cluster comes live, it will automatically contact the licensing server IP , as it has already have the licensing-server command configured ?

and thats it , we can then bring up the ap's .