Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

certificate presented to ClearPssa

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  certificate presented to ClearPssa

Posted Apr 19, 2017 10:15 AM

I am having an issue with my certificate that is presented to ClearPass.  ClearPass recieves or shows the username as "host/pcname.domain.com."  I do not know where the "host/" is coming from and why is shows up.  We are using the ClearPass as the Radius server to authenticate the certs.  Has anyone had this issue and how can we solve.

thank you

• 2.  RE: certificate presented to ClearPssa

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 19, 2017 10:26 AM

Could you provide screen shot of the issue. Are you seeing onboard clients authentication getting failed with host/<username> in access tracker? If YES, then I believe you have set user and machine option in onboarding setting, which got pushed with the certificate, due to that it may failing, during authenticaiton it is doing both mac/user auth. Could you set to user only and try.

Regards,

Pavan

• 3.  RE: certificate presented to ClearPssa

Posted Apr 21, 2017 08:55 AM

I cannot authenticate by user only, I need to use the certificate to authenticate the machine to the network.  We want to have two different certs that would seperate the systems to two seperate networks

• 4.  RE: certificate presented to ClearPssa

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 21, 2017 11:12 AM

Hi,

Are you able to narrow down the issue? if not share the error screen shot or complete access tracker logs, else open TAC ticket.

Regards,

Pavan