Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

check AP ugrade status?

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  check AP ugrade status?

MVP
    Posted Jun 05, 2014 02:55 PM

Hi,

Waiting for some 500 RAP-2 to upgrade.

Is there anyway to check the upgrade status somehow? Show ap database lists them all as down and been waiting  some 45 mins.

don't suspect an issue or anything (yet) since they are coming back 1 by 1 (very slowly) but being able to see which APs are actually upgrade somehow would be nice.

On a sidenote.. what happens when you failover from a backup-master back to the primary-master while RAPs are still busy upgrading? They should just reboot and start again right?

• 2.  RE: check AP ugrade status?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 05, 2014 03:01 PM

You can check the controller with 'show ap image upgrade' to see if any of the APs are mis-matched and pulling new code...but if nothing is there, then need to look at whether the IPSec connections are working.

• 3.  RE: check AP ugrade status?

Posted Jun 05, 2014 03:42 PM

Jerrod,

Do you mean show ap image version?  The upgrade keyword doesn't isn't available.

Last time I checked, show ap database displayed when an AP was upgrading.

• 4.  RE: check AP ugrade status?

Posted Jun 05, 2014 05:19 PM
    Show ap database-summary

• 5.  RE: check AP ugrade status?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 05, 2014 05:39 PM

I did mean 'show ap image version', no idea what broke between my brain and fingers...