Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

client-match questions

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  client-match questions

MVP
    Posted Mar 06, 2014 11:05 AM

I'm trying to figure out what client-match settings I should tweak for optimal performance in a highly mobile environment like nurses in  hospitals or orderpickers in huge warehouses.

Two timers confuse me a bit.

Client Match Sticky Client Check Interval has AP check every 3 seconds to see if it should boot of a sticky client right?  

How does that work if the Client Match report interval where the APs send their beacon reports to the controller  only happens once every 30 seconds?

Its possible for clients to fail this steering.. what precisely does that mean? If you deauth a client and then only accept its association on one target AP, how can it fail and still be connected?

• 2.  RE: client-match questions

Posted Mar 06, 2014 02:14 PM

You can potentially increase the SNR and the signal thresholds but you should work with Aruba TAC to make sure these changes will be help fix your issue

Client Match Sticky Client Check Interval has AP check every 3 seconds to see if it should boot of a sticky client right?  

It checks every 3 secs to see if the devices RSSI is above the threshold which I believe default value is 30 dB

How does that work if the Client Match report interval where the APs send their beacon reports to the controller  only happens once every 30 seconds?

That's true but decreasing value may not assist entirely if the clients don't probe often 

Its possible for clients to fail this steering.. what precisely does that mean? If you deauth a client and then only accept its association on one target AP, how can it fail and still be connected?

https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/FAQ/How-does-the-Aruba-controller-determine-if-a-client-is-a-sticky-client-and-needs-to-be-steered-to-a-different-AP

https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/FAQ/How-does-ClientMatch-handle-unsteerable-clients