Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

close default ports on Aruba Mobility Controller

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  close default ports on Aruba Mobility Controller

Posted Mar 04, 2020 10:58 AM

Hello Airheads:

I would like your help with a procedure to close default ports that it hasn't been used. We would like to close some default ports for security reasons.

I found a description of the ports and we don't use some services like 1723, 500, 8082, etc.

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS%206_3_1_Web_Help/Content/ArubaFrameStyles/Defaults/Default_Open_Ports.htm

Best regards

Karlink

• 2.  RE: close default ports on Aruba Mobility Controller
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 04, 2020 11:02 AM

If you haven't already, please look at the ArubaOS Hardening Guide     here:  https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/EntryId/16036/DMXModule/512/Default.aspx to see if it will answer any of your questions about that.

• 3.  RE: close default ports on Aruba Mobility Controller

Posted Mar 04, 2020 11:09 AM

Hi Cjoseph:

Great info, definitively I will used. One last question, could you help me with a procedure to block this ports, sorry I am a kind of new in this type of configuration.

Best regards

Karlink

• 4.  RE: close default ports on Aruba Mobility Controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 04, 2020 11:17 AM

Why do you want to block those ports?  Your answer will determine the proper method to be used.

• 5.  RE: close default ports on Aruba Mobility Controller

Posted Mar 04, 2020 11:19 AM

for security reasons, we had an internal vulnerabilities scanning and the security department asked us to block these ports.

• 6.  RE: close default ports on Aruba Mobility Controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 04, 2020 11:31 AM

I would save some time and give your security group that document.  Many automated scanners generate false positives for those ports.

• 7.  RE: close default ports on Aruba Mobility Controller

Posted Mar 04, 2020 11:33 AM

Good idea, I will do.... Thank you for your help.