Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

confused about wired ap profile

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  confused about wired ap profile

Posted Sep 14, 2017 03:45 PM

I noticed when you change a wired ap profile, the change is reflected on any enabled ethernet interface port, and in any ap group.  Is this expected behaviour? 

So for example by setting a non default wired ap profile in an ap group containing rap's (because i want to use a port for voip for example), this non default wired ap profile also shows up in another ap group containing cap's.  Where this is of no use.   

• 2.  RE: confused about wired ap profile

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 14, 2017 05:17 PM
    Everything is tied back to the wired AP profile. Everywhere that the default profile is mapped, the change will apply. You should never make changes to default profiles.

• 3.  RE: confused about wired ap profile

Posted Sep 15, 2017 05:46 AM

I believe there is a misunderstanding here.  I'm not modifying the default profile.  Suppose i'm starting everywhere with the default profile.

Then i use another ap profile named test-profile in ap group rap, and for ethernet interface port 0 configuration.

I then see in every ap group and every enabled ethernet interface the default profile changed to test-profile.  Where the ethernet interface is shutdown it remains default.