Wireless Access

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

Re: controller reboots when blacklist reaches 300

Jeff, cheers for your prompt reply.  So to clarify , leave the flashbackup ?  how about if i delete all the old config files ? I believe it wont let me delete the running config ?

They are running way more than 100 AP's so ultimately ths needs a controller upgrade... we are working on that.

cheers

ACMA/ACMP
Highlighted

hi stunshot

Nothing which lives under /flash/config  (i.e. what you see when you type 'dir' at the CLI in the controller) directly impacts the amount of free memory that you see when you type "show memory", so no point to worry about cleaning them up.

Those file are part of the flash file system, you can check it with 'show storage', it might be low, might not be. Either way, the low free memory is what is going to bring the controller down (which also comprises of things like the /tmp filesystem, which is used to pre-load software images and tar logs techsupport etc).

Based on the logs you attached before in tandem with 42 days plus uptime, it doesn't look like it's leaking, just 'redlined' as far as utilisation goes.

regards

-jeff

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

Cheers Jeff, so it might just be a case of the controller and its age just not being up to the job ?

ACMA/ACMP
Highlighted

Hi stunshot,

Based on what you have shown and said so far, yes I believe that is the case. Low mem on 5.0.x builds on older SC cards is something that I have seen quite frequently for last 1-2 years, especially when the load starts to reach up around 100 APs and higher.

regards

-jeff

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: