Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

cpsec database, does it sync both directions?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  cpsec database, does it sync both directions?

Posted Apr 30, 2018 04:27 PM

I use cpsec database to pre-provision APs. I have a master controller that I am working on RMA'ing. Which means I need to transition to the new controller. 

Does the cpsec database sync from the local's to the master? 

If not, is there a way to export/backup just the cpsec database? I have done a flash backup but we are constantly installing APs right now, so I want this to go as smoothly as possible. 

I'm running 6.5.3.4 my masters are 7220s. 

• 2.  RE: cpsec database, does it sync both directions?
    Best Answer

• 3.  RE: cpsec database, does it sync both directions?

Posted May 01, 2018 12:59 PM

I just want to follow up verify I understand this document correctly because TAC responded to a ticket I have open stating the opposite. 

When you change a campus AP whitelist on any controller, that controller contacts the other connected controllers to notify them of the change.

This makes it sound to me that the Master will get an updated cpsec database from a local, like it would if you added a whitelist item to a local. 

Is that correct understanding?

TAC responded with this: 

"Thank you for the mail. whitelist is controller specific, so after configuration, you should collect a new backup configuration to upload the controller. Since it is controller specific, it will not synchronize with any other controller."

• 4.  RE: cpsec database, does it sync both directions?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 01, 2018 02:51 PM

Please take a look at the user guide here:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_6_5_4_X_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/Control_Plane/Whitelists_on_Master_and.htm?Highlight=cpsec

TAC answered in general and is correct, but according to the passage above, there are more details.