Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

datazone controller capacity on multizone deployment

Hi,

I have a question about multizone topology

we have 5 branch offices all have 2x7205 cluster and ap,pef,rf licenses managed by mm on the head office

At the head office we have mobility master and clearpass also 2x7205 controller for guest network ( guest controller  master active master standby not managed by a mobility master )

We want to use multizone in this topology branch’s total ap number is 346 so now if we configure multizone and terminate guest ssid on the guest controller does it work with this 346 ap I am worry  because 7205 controller supports max 256 ap normally

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Re: datazone controller capacity on multizone deployment

The datazone controller needs to match the AP requirements. You will need a 7210 to support all APs. Also, you will need a single PEF license active on the DZ controller so you can activate that feature set on the standalone controller. The primary zone manages the AP license consumption.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Re: datazone controller capacity on multizone deployment

The datazone controller needs to match the AP requirements. You will need a 7210 to support all APs. Also, you will need a single PEF license active on the DZ controller so you can activate that feature set on the standalone controller. The primary zone manages the AP license consumption.

View solution in original post

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: