Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

don't see "poll controller now" button, AMP 8.2.0.3

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  don't see "poll controller now" button, AMP 8.2.0.3

Posted Oct 11, 2016 08:52 AM

Sorry, its early, so I might be missing something obvious, but... I don't see the "poll" controller button on my AP Device List page, (this is in AMP 8.2.0.3)

Anything in Airwave change in the last month? I haven't been logged in since early Sept.

• 2.  RE: don't see "poll controller now" button, AMP 8.2.0.3

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 11, 2016 09:13 AM

If the AP is up and you don't see the Poll Controller Now button, you should open a TAC case.  When you say "has anything changed?", does that mean you upgraded, or have NOT upgraded in the last month?

• 3.  RE: don't see "poll controller now" button, AMP 8.2.0.3

Posted Oct 11, 2016 10:41 AM

The AP is up (I see it in the controller) but I'm just not able to see it on the Airwave side. 

I'm not sure if we have upgraded or not--coworker not in today that would have done it. Just fishing for clues.

• 4.  RE: don't see "poll controller now" button, AMP 8.2.0.3

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 11, 2016 10:59 AM

Hold on.  Does the AP say that it is up in Airwave in on the APs page in Airwave?

• 5.  RE: don't see "poll controller now" button, AMP 8.2.0.3
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 11, 2016 10:59 AM

Is this a new AP?   Is it listed under "New Devices"?

The "Poll Now" button is listed under the specfic controller page; not the AP/Device List page.   Did you drill down to the controller and then look for the button?

• 6.  RE: don't see "poll controller now" button, AMP 8.2.0.3

Posted Oct 14, 2016 11:26 AM

Thanks Clembo, like said been a while for me. 

Any reason the "Poll Now" button isn't visible throughout Airwave?

• 7.  RE: don't see "poll controller now" button, AMP 8.2.0.3

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 14, 2016 01:30 PM

"the.sleeper", I would open a case with TAC.  I see the poll now button for controllers and I see the "poll controller now" button for access points associated with a controller.