Wireless Access

Highlighted
MVP

\|dot1x-proc:2\| MIC failed in WPA2 Key Message 2

Hi,

I have recently setup syslog server for our WLAN controllers.  There are two devices that are continually generating the message:

\|dot1x-proc:2\| MIC failed in WPA2 Key Message 2

I can't track the mac addresses but they are generating hundreds of alerts over and over.  Is there a way to stop this message or work out what is causing it?  If I blacklisted the mac address would it disappear?  I have the alerting level set to warning.

Thanks

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Re: \|dot1x-proc:2\| MIC failed in WPA2 Key Message 2

You should blacklist the mac addresses, but they would appear in different logs.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted
MVP

Thanks.

I have blacklisted the addresses and they do appear in a different log although a lot less frequent which is better thanks for your help.

Would you say that this means someone has been continually trying to connect to the wireless network and failing?

Highlighted
Guru Elite

The device seems to be using the wrong preshared key.  It might be a device that was provisioned with that SSID in the past with an old preshared key.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide
Highlighted
MVP

Is there any way to tell what SSID it is using ? We have two one guest using WPA2-PSK and one using WPA2-AES 

As it said key message i believed it would be the WPA2-PSK SSID but wasn't sure 100%

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: