Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

fiber/power cable vendor from Atmosphere?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  fiber/power cable vendor from Atmosphere?

Posted Apr 20, 2016 05:04 PM

I'm looking to get power and data to the top of a pole on the far side of a parking lot, and one of the vendors at Atmosphere had the perfect cable/termination for that, but I wasn't taking notes.

Did anyone happen to get the company or product name for those folks?

Barring that, does anyone have a good suggestion for an hybrid cable and transceiver bit which might proviced PoE at the end of a very-long run?

• 2.  RE: fiber/power cable vendor from Atmosphere?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 21, 2016 03:51 AM

You might have seen this solution: http://www.arubanetworks.com/partners/ecosystem/enclosures-power-and-accessories/#Commscope

Forgive me the details, I think this was formerly known as TE Connectivity and is a Powered Fiber solution that combines power, optical fiber and converters to PoE in a single box that can be mounted in the AP-270-series mounts.

• 3.  RE: fiber/power cable vendor from Atmosphere?

Posted Apr 21, 2016 01:33 PM

Yes, that was it (them).

On reading their product brief, it seems to be aimed at a larger deployment then I have in mind.

I have one endpoint which needs power and data further than PoE reaches.

This product: here provides a "transmitter" and "receiver" pair with a much simpler transmit side.

I'll send both to the project manager to see what she chooses.

Has anyone out there found another (better?) solution fo rthat one run which is too long?

• 4.  RE: fiber/power cable vendor from Atmosphere?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 21, 2016 02:23 PM

I would avoid the Level1 product you linked to as it only shows 10/100. If you uplink a POE extender into a Gig switch and connect to the Gig AP, you could have rate mismatches and performance issues. The Commscope product is gig throughout.