Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

how do I increase a license on a 3400

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  how do I increase a license on a 3400

Posted Nov 18, 2013 12:36 PM

I have a current limit of 13 APs on my 3400 controller and just purchased an additional 64 licenses - AP, PEFNG and RFP. How do I apply those? Further, when I go to the maintenance page on my controller, there is no License Management link. Shouldn't there be? All I have for licenses are serial numbers. Do I need to convert those to licenses numbers somehow?

Thanks,

Russell

• 2.  RE: how do I increase a license on a 3400

Posted Nov 18, 2013 12:51 PM

If you have the certificates you can go to the licensing.arubanetworks.com and activate those then it will provide the license keys and you can add those to the controllers : license add <key>

then do a show licenses and make sure it doesn't have any flags 

• 3.  RE: how do I increase a license on a 3400
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 18, 2013 12:52 PM

You need to activate those licenses on licensing.arubanetworks.com.  Once you have those keys, you can add the license keys to the UI or with the "license add" command in the CLI

• 4.  RE: how do I increase a license on a 3400

Posted Nov 18, 2013 02:17 PM

Thanks for that. I went to the licensing website and Iapparently need to register as a new user. Where either in the GUI or the CLI(preferred) can I find a valid certificate ID to enter to create a new account? This system was handed to me a year or so ago, and I am unable to receive the original credentials.

Thanks,

Russell

• 5.  RE: how do I increase a license on a 3400

Posted Nov 18, 2013 02:34 PM

Open a TAC case they should be able to assist you